Cascade Paradise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cascade Paradise

Official Cascade Paradise Minecraft server forums

2 posters

Server online status

friiks
    friiks
    Creeper Bait
    Creeper Bait

Server online status Empty Server online status

Post  friiks Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 am

As I've been trying to connect to the server since yesterday evening and it doesn't work I decided to make a server on-line status thing.

http://friiks.net/cascade/

You can check it in the link above.

And yes, I do realise it's quite useless but I had to do something as I was bored and the server is down - enjoy!
    isticky
    isticky
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

Server online status Empty Re: Server online status

Post  isticky Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:07 am

They do already have status bars on http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/1822/

Server online status 1822
    friiks
    friiks
    Creeper Bait
    Creeper Bait

Post  friiks Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 am

isticky wrote:They do already have status bars on http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/1822/

Server online status 1822

I'm aware of that, isticky, and I'll quote myself -

And yes, I do realise it's quite useless but I had to do something as I was bored and the server is down - enjoy!

But to be honest, giving an image to another site or even more - a link - from a site that promotes other servers is bad advertising!
    By giving a link to the server online status page created by me the viewer wont have the temptation to join a different server even though this one will be down. At least the temptation will be smaller!
    This is because my site does not promote any minecraft servers and is a simple, clean page that shows only the online status of the server - nothing more!
    isticky
    isticky
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

Post  isticky Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:35 am

I do understand that that may bring a temptation to other players to join another server, but that would only mean that they are not loyal. Everyone that plays with NO life like i do goes back and forth between 2 servs and SP anyways. I'm by no means trying to advertise another server I'm just giving the same link that most people found this server from in the first place.
    friiks
    friiks
    Creeper Bait
    Creeper Bait

Post  friiks Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:50 am

And I'm not accusing you for advertising other servers, it's just not all players are "loyal" or with "no life" haha.
    At least I do it for fun. The only thing I didn't start playing on another server is that I had already built enough much here and the people are quite nice as well.

Plus, as I said before, this is an independent, made just for this server, monitor Smile
    And even more, as I said in my first post, I realise that there are other ones out there and this one is pretty useless, yet I see the usefulness in it.

I'm a developer, that's what I do - I develop.

If Matt would be up for cooperation I could make an online user list and all sorts of statistics.
    friiks
    friiks
    Creeper Bait
    Creeper Bait

Post  friiks Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am

I've added an overall online/offline time statistic.
    I will add a daily offline/online monitor later today.
    (Mind that the counter started working on 2011/29/06, 14:35 GMT+2)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:55 pm