Cascade Paradise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cascade Paradise

Official Cascade Paradise Minecraft server forums

3 posters

another mob arena?

XINightfallIX
    XINightfallIX
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

another mob arena? Empty another mob arena?

Post  XINightfallIX Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 pm

I know what your thinking "why would we need two!?" well I'll tell you. Razz

First off, I'd like to say I'm not sure how the plugin works for the arena. Though if it is possible to have more than one by typing /ma j2 or something instead this would be a good idea.

Imagine your atop a dark hill with only one torch in the center. They in the darkness you hear zombies. Slowly, making their way up the hill,you place a couple more torches around the top of the hill. Meanwhile, your allies unleash a barrage of arrows into the ever increasing waves of enemies. Finally, You become overwhelmed, with your last swing of a sword you run out of health and finish your time in the arena.

I thought of this as a game type other than the survival mode we're all used to and if you haven't noticed the points area in the game over screen I figured it would make good use of that.

Back to the point of the topic though, if it is possible I think it would be nice to have a dark arena that has a hill to it (steps or just a 1x1 dirt incline.) and mobs spawn at the bottom.
    arminecay
    arminecay
    Sheep Shearer
    Sheep Shearer

another mob arena? Empty Re: another mob arena?

Post  arminecay Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 pm

I like this idea. Although creepers would kinda mess with that. And spiders because they are fast. And what's stopping me from sending a guy down to destroy the bottom of the hill so that we are a floating island.
    XINightfallIX
    XINightfallIX
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

Post  XINightfallIX Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Creepers don't blow up the regular arena floor. If anything Matt could make the floor bedrock or obsidian so it's hard to break. Like I said I don't know how the plugin works but maybe it can be configured to only spawn zombies.
    arminecay
    arminecay
    Sheep Shearer
    Sheep Shearer

Post  arminecay Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 pm

haha zombies are so stupid anyway I could detach the hill from the floor and keep zombies from attacking. Also would I need to bring stuff or will it be supplied? Will it be like arena classes?
    XINightfallIX
    XINightfallIX
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

Post  XINightfallIX Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:15 pm

supplied of course. I was thinking classes but specifically an archer class with a few torches.
    arminecay
    arminecay
    Sheep Shearer
    Sheep Shearer

Post  arminecay Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Any seeds or a hoe? I think a thing like that would be nice. If you survive long enough for it to grow, you can make some bread. Kinda like surviving. Like add som trees so that they can build a shelter. No digging. That way it could be like a zombie movie.
    XINightfallIX
    XINightfallIX
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

Post  XINightfallIX Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

haha idk about that. it did cross my mind though. Like an extreme survival mode but if you can build you could just make a hole in the wall and kill the mobs.

I was thinking more just fight till you die though. no building except for maybe torches or glowstone. If anything just some at the top of the hill so you can see the oncoming enemies. I think the classes should have something to heal with but we should see if Matt can or will do this at all.
    SMJM49
    SMJM49
    Cobble Collector
    Cobble Collector

Post  SMJM49 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Have you heard of Nazi Zombies from call of duty? Why not try doing something like that. IF there is a plugin that can allow to get points in the zombie arena, then u use those points to buy axs and swords, as well as armor and try to survive as long as possible! The longer you last the better the prize, the more the players the more zombies that spawn. Something like that would be cool
    arminecay
    arminecay
    Sheep Shearer
    Sheep Shearer

Post  arminecay Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 pm

That would be awesome.
    XINightfallIX
    XINightfallIX
    Tree Puncher
    Tree Puncher

Post  XINightfallIX Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't think you can have two mob arenas Sad we would have to remake the arena and i highly doubt Matt would be alright with that. It would be possible to make though. All you would have to do is config some stuff.
    arminecay
    arminecay
    Sheep Shearer
    Sheep Shearer

Post  arminecay Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:56 pm

It could be player made we just need some dirt and zombie spawners. The only problem would be the equipment. Sad
    Maybe we could get matt to help with that part?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 pm